Thursday, March 12, 2015

My kitchen feels and is looking so much better!

It actually feels good to walk into my kitchen now! Before, when I'd walk into my kitchen, I would feel so stressed and overwhelmed. Now it's refreshing, and I haven't even done the bottom cabinets yet! I cleared the clutter in my silverware drawers and gained some MUCH needed space. I can actually open the drawers without a fight from all the junk lol I also cleared off the top of the dresser. My goal for the dresser is to eventually get rid of my ancient microwave. I actually just bought some glassware storage bowls in preparation for that. Plus, the set was only 10 bucks. I couldn't pass it up! I actually forgot to take a picture of them, but they're anchor brand. They are microwave, oven, fridge and freezer safe. Much more versatile than plastic containers. And healthier too!
Anyway, back to the dresser. Here is what it looked like before:
And here is the after:
I got rid of that ugly green bowl and put a smaller, prettier, wire basket in it's place. I thought about removing a basket all together, but I need a place to put my fruit and things where I can see them so that they will get eaten. The binder you see is my recipe binder. And I put the last bit of Mr. D's cereal in that jar because an almost empty bag of cereal rolled up is just an eye sore. The stuff on the microwave found a new home in my top cabinets where there was free space. Just clearing and organizing this small spot has made the difference in my kitchen. Probably because this is the first thing you see when you walk into my kitchen other than the table lol Now for the drawers. I had a lot of useless crap in there that I was keeping for the 'just in case' scenarios that just never happened. And I'm pretty sure that if they haven't happened in the past four years, they won't ever happen LOL The before picture:
See all the junk in the left drawer? It was so disorganized and full it was a hassle to close or open. After:
Much better, right? Now a few things have found a new temporary home. The rest when to the Goodwill box.The only things that found a new home were the attachment pieces to my hand held mixer, turkey baster and cork opener. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep my mixer or not which is why their home is temporary. The turkey baster will probably end up in the trash since it has cracks. Which I'm assuming were caused by being crammed into that drawer :-( It's alright though, because it only gets used on thanksgiving and can easily be replaced by my ladle. I love that thing haha.
Over the weekend I'm going to tackle the lower cabinets and maybe my linen closet, if I'm feeling brave lol And I might rearrange my top cabinets. We'll just have to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment