Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Beginning

I'm starting this blog mainly for my own benefit. As a way to keep myself on tract. I've recently discovered the Minimalist lifestyle and want to give it a try. My family as a whole has a TON of stuff. And probably 95% of it is just filler. Meaning it has no actual purpose other than to fill up our closets, rooms and pretty much everywhere it can. One of the biggest issues is toys. Being a mom of two little ones comes with challenges, further complicated by relatives buying junk toys from thrift stores constantly. Don't get me wrong now. I do appreciate the fact that my family obviously loves my children, but come on. If it's broken, just don't buy it!
The next biggest issue is my stuff. Oh yeah, I have a lot. And the sad thing is that I gave a LOT to Goodwill when we moved. And I mean a lot. Like a few car loads. It's ridiculous. And most of the things that went were handme downs from family members cleaning out their closets and garages. Things that I don't need at all but I have to take because 'it's the polite thing to do', according to my grandmother. So this blog will hopefully be a valuable tool for helping me slim down our possessions. And hopefully it will be life changing. Something positive that I can pass down to my children. To live simply and focus more on life, instead of stuff. Because we all know we could use more life and less stuff!        

No comments:

Post a Comment