Friday, March 13, 2015

Under The Sink Is Organized!

Honestly, there's not much of a difference other than some rearrangement. But I did manage to find some things to trash. Everything below my sink is pretty much cleaning supplies. I'm wanting to make some all natural cleaners to replace the chemical ones in the near future. I already have a few recipes I've found. I'll be sure to share them as soon as I make them and can review them. Anyway, here's the before of my cabinet:
  This was actually taken in the middle of the cleaning because I forgot, again. But you can still get an idea of how disorganized everything was. The only thing you can't see is the old 'system', if you can call it that, of my bag storage. I had smaller bags crammed into one gallon sized bag. It was so so annoying to work with. You can see the new system in the after picture:
Well, you sort of can. I just hung up a string with two nails. You can use command hooks for the same effect. I just used what I have. I grouped my bags by size, folded them in half and attached them to the string by clothes pins. I also color coded the pins with sharpies for a quick recognition. I used a cheap ziploc bag to store my scouring pad and pot scraper to get them off the sink. I also did some more work to my upper cabinets.

See the wall behind the dishes? I found the cutest contact paper at Big Lots today for 2 bucks. I also found a cute fabric shower curtain for $8. Hopefully I can put that up tomorrow. We have to install our old shower rod first. In this picture you can also see those anchor bowls I mentioned earlier. They look so much nicer than the stained plastic containers beside them, don't they? I also hope to fix the problem of Mr. D's plates and bowls. I ran across some plastic plates that clicked together at Target a few weeks ago. I think they were .75 cents each, or for two. Something like that. I have no idea why I didn't grab some at the time. I just hope they still have them when I go back tomorrow lol I'm going to do the rest of my cabinets with this paper, hopefully this weekend. If not, then sometime next week. I was also thinking of lining my silverware drawers with this if I had enough. Either way I'll take pictures of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment